Tuesday, September 17, 2013

New Hat Design! I am SO in love with these right now!

It's almost fall! 

As a knitwear designer, Fall is obviously my favorite season. You get to pile on the knits! 

And I have been busy busy busy knitting! 

My new favorite?

The Funky Nightcap.




Isn't it awesome?!

I found this beautiful 100% soft wool yarn that is hand dyed and spun in the USA and comes is the most intensely gorgeous colorways. I manipulate it a little bit to get the color changes I want, but LOOK!

Kids and adults alike all respond to these hats! They just love them! I was showing some friends the hats and their little daughters all reached out to put them on! It was super cute!









I got really creative with this pompom. I felt like with the aqua ombre, it needed a pop of color at the end!


Don't you just love the colorways? I have some more muted ones on my needles right now- a denim blue ombre, one that reminds me of the forest as it changes from brown to many shades of green! 



The way the colors gradually change into each other? LOVE it!!




Guess who wants the rainbow one?



I will have these at the Maritime Festival in Greenport this weeked, September 21st-22nd. And The Etsy site will be launching in a few days, so if you would like a funky nightcap, you can own one soon!

Go put a hat on! : )

1 comment:

  1. These are so adorable!

    I especially love the colors in the rainbow one! =)

    I hope the festival went well.

    I miss you guys and love you all so very much!

    ReplyDelete